Saturday, August 30, 2008

36 weeks...

I feel like it was just a few weeks ago that I was posting ultrasound photos to let everyone know we were having a boy. Now, here we are, 4 weeks away from our due date. Where has the time gone?? 
We did a birthing class weekend seminar this weekend because the summer has been so busy so this was pretty much the only time we could take the class if we were going to at all. We really enjoyed the class, it was smaller, there were only 8 couples and we liked getting it all done in a weekend. All in all the class was insightful and we do feel a bit more prepared for our little man to come join our family. 
We are still working on the settling into the new house, and Jackson's room isn't quite done yet but we have his TEMPORARY bed set up in our room. Yes, we have a crib in his room and all that, but we decided to keep him in our room with us until we develop a consistent schedule. 
We have washed a lot of his clothes, blankets, and bedding and have those folded and put away. His car seat is ready for him, and his Daddy is VERY ready to watch what is left of the Mariner's season, and football with him. :-)
I am still feeling really good. I definitely have times I am more tired and take little naps most days. My bladder is feeling a lot more pressure these days and my belly starts to feel heavy when I am on my feet for a long time. 
Marty gets a kick out of my "pregnancy brain." I have times of being very random, flaky, etc. You might get a blog from him on the topic. A lot of times when I have a "pregnancy brain" moment, he laughs then says, "Oh honey, can you be pregnant forever??" I am glad I can be so entertaining... :-)
Who knows what can happen in these last few weeks, I have decided to not expect anything or assume that he will be here by any certain date or it will drive me crazy!
The picture below is from Uncle Stephen's wedding last weekend so I 35 weeks at that point.


1 comment:

Joce said...

And the countdown has begun!!! So fun! Have you started nesting yet? I remember with Elijah, I just had to vacuum at 12:30am at night. The vacuum broke and I started to cry, Nate was trying so hard not to laugh at me as I was adamat that I had to do it right then. I told him to fix it for me so I could finish. It was really silly and looking back, it's funny but at the time, I didn't understand, I just had to vacuum. Elijah ended up being born that next week. I've heard stories like that are very common when it's close to time. I can't wait to hear your stories. And the prego brain can be such a hoot. =)