Tuesday, August 19, 2008

And the madness continues!

Positive madness that is. We have just been so busy!

A few weekends ago we went up to Seattle for a game for Jenny, Marty's youngest sisters birthday. We got her tickets for her birthday back in April and finally went to the game in August. Marty's other sister, Andrea and her boyfriend, Chris came along as did my younger sister, Tasha. Tasha and Jenny are good buddies, it's pretty cool. :-) We left around 11am, packed lunch and snacks and made our way up to Seattle. We did some browsing around as it was a first trip to SafeCo for Jenny, Chris, and Tasha so they all had to buy a Mariner shirt. I wish I had a photo of Jenny and Tasha, they got matching shirts but in different colors, very cute. The Mariners lost, what's new, but Mariner games are ALWAYS fun!

This last weekend we went camping for 2 nights with my family, Thursday-Saturday. It was a lot of fun, an adventure because we had to switch camp spots, but as always, a good time was had! My Dad brought the boat and pulled everyone on the tube, they boys got a fishing trip in, we had good food, good laughs, and some sun.

Sunday was my baby shower. I was nervous that it was going to be another 95+ degree day but thank that Lord it was a little cloudy but still warm. It rained for a little bit AFTER the shower so we were lucky. The baby shower was a success and I so appreciate all the hard work My mom, sister in law Frankie, and Tasha put into the shower. We had been camping so they worked their tails off to pull it off and did an amazing job. I loved seeing people and was truly blessed with gear and cutness for our little man on the way. I can't believe we only have 5.5 weeks left! Time is really flying by!!

This weekend Marty is in 2 weddings so it will be busy again. We are leaving Thursday for Eugene for his brothers wedding. We are excited to spend time with his family as they are a bit more scattered through out the country then mine. We will get to see his grandparents, and some of his aunts and uncles who live out of state. 
Stephen's wedding is Friday, then we have to wake up Saturday and head to Boring, OR where our friend, Brady is getting married. Marty is a groomsman in this wedding as well.
There will be a lot of driving, which is getting more uncomfortable for me these days, but I always manage! 

I have not uploaded photos in forever so maybe someday I will get camping, shower, and Mariner game photos up. :-)

I hope you are all having a wonderful day and enjoying the rain as much as I am! :-)

1 comment:

Anne said...

What a brave mama you are to go camping! Sounds like you all had a great time.