Saturday, May 10, 2008

Halfway there...

Well, our little man is officially halfway cooked, we are pretty excited. I am just now starting to get a little baby belly, I can feel him move every so often, and am feeling really good. 

We have not officially set a name yet but are as close as you can get. We both like the names Jackson and Owen, but are leaning more toward Jackson. I have always loved "Jack" and Marty thinks the name Jackson Welch sounds like a good baseball player name. :-) Don't be surprised if that's his name. The ONLY reason we have not set the name yet is because of me, I have this fear that we are going to set it and 2 weeks later I will hate it. But we have already called him "baby Jack" several times. I am weird, I know. His middle name will be Paul after Marty's late father.

I have not really had any weird cravings. The most consistent cravings I have had is for fresh fruit, and salads. Like really good chef salads, yum. Makes me want to eat one RIGHT NOW. The most recent craving has been Lemonade. I have never really preferred lemonade but randomly the other day I had to have it, so we were grocery shopping and picked up some simply lemonade. AMAZING. So I have started combining my fresh fruit and lemonade cravings and have had Strawberry or Raspberry lemonade smoothies several times this week. (Mainly strawberry though)

We have our official 20 week ultrasound on Wednesday. The one we had 3 weeks ago was done at this place a friend told us about called Fetal Fotos. We got to have a video made, see our little man and find out what we were having sooner. :-) So we are excited to see how he has changed in the past few weeks. I know I feel like he has grown quite a bit!

We will, of course, put up pictures Wednesday after our ultrasound. 

I hope all of you Mothers have a fabulous Mothers day tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anna and Cody said...

OH MY GOSH! You have to come down here to a place called Green Street Cafe - the BEST strawberry lemonade you have EVER tasted! I crave it, my friends Sara and Jen crave it - I think lemonade is where it is at! :)

Ron said...

Hey you two--congratulations! What an exciting time. Marty--I tried emailing you and your address didn't work. Drop me a line--I'm at ronpdavis@gmail.com