Monday, July 21, 2008

Loon Lake Love

Every summer I go on a week long camping trip to an amazing place called Loon Lake, it's my favorite place on earth. We have a huge group of at least 30 every year. I was extremely curious as to how this trip would be, being 3o weeks prego and all. As always, it was amazing and went by way too fast!

Our days consist of sleeping in until anywhere between 8:30 and about 10:30, having breakfast and enjoying a morning campfire, packing a cooler with lunch and drinks then heading to the lake. When I say head to the lake I mean walk from our camp spot to the lake which is MAYBE a 3 minute walk. At the lake we have a wide range of activities from a game called hang em high, to soaking up the sun floating on the water, reading, eating, and laughing A LOT. We also make frequent trips out on the boat tuning, wake boarding, skiing, etc. Between everyone in the group we usually have 2 boats so there is always an opportunity to do whatever. 
We head back up to camp around 5:30 or 6, shower, then have dinner. A group of 2 couples or so usually cook 1 meal on one night, then another group cooks the next so we are only responsible for preparing for dinner one night. Our group knows how to eat too! 
The rest of the night is spent around the campfire making smores, laughing harder then we do all year, playing games, etc. There is seriously nothing like it!

I usually have a TON of photos but the last few years we have all taken half the pictures we usually do then just share what we have, so I really only took photos of one of our boat trips, then a few of some of the kiddos so I will share a few and perhaps post more when as I get them. 

All 4 pictures are from a tubing trip and yes, I went tubing too! Much more low key then I am used to. Our fried Travis was driving and was so nervous to pull me which is totally understandable. I rode sitting in the tube which is not my usual style but I HAD to go somehow! My best friend Lacee and I became legend tubers on the lake years back. I would be on my tummy and she would ride on my back,  yes on the same tube. It was something you had to see to believe, haha. When we would finally crash, we would crash hard, have bruises, be sore the next day and swear it was our last ride, then do it all again the next day. We have not done that in two years, so maybe next year. Marty is amazing, I get nervous watching him because he crashes hard, rolls the tube and manages to stay on, etc. 

Only 11 months or so until we go again! Next year with our little man, Jackson!










1 comment:

Dave and Sarah Rossing said...

You do NOT look 30 weeks pregnant in that picture!