Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our handsome 3 week old...

Wednesday night at 10:03pm Jackson was officially 3 weeks old. We really can't believe 3 weeks have passed already yet we feel like Jackson has always been a part of our family. We are absolutely loving our time with our little boy, he is such a sweet little man. 

The last 3 nights or so Jackson has slept between 6 and 8 hours before waking for a feeding which has been nice. I still wake up when I feel like he should be waking up to eat though. :-) 
Every night around 10:00 or so Jackson is awake for about an hour and we have been laying in bed just talking to him, kissing him, etc. He gets really excited and moves his arms around like crazy, kicks his legs, and makes some of the greatest expressions. Marty has been peed on several times and I have only been peed on once. :-) Now that we have moved away from the sponge bath Jackson seems to enjoy his baths. We think he is starting to give us some real smiles too. 

This week we made a few outings and Jackson doesn't seem to mind at all. Like most babies, he likes car rides so this makes traveling a bit easier on us. Tuesday we went to my cousins volleyball game and Jackson got to meet several people who had been very anxious to meet him. Wednesday Jackson and I made a trip to JEfferson where a few of my cousins and closest friends live. My cousin Shana took some photos of Jackson and I think they turned out wonderful, she is amazing! She also painted his name letters for his room that several people have commented on. :-)

Here are a few of the pictures my cousin took. 













3 comments:

The Elliotts said...

Yay, I love all the photos! Especially the sepia tone one. I can't wait to see Jackson again...hopefully sooner rather than later!

Anna and Cody said...

these are fantastic photos! and yea for more sleep! let us make a date soon - one that i'm not knocked out on morphine for! :)

Joce said...

What great pics! How fun! I still have a gift for you that he's probably going to outgrow soon. I need to get that to you. Maybe this next weekend I can drop it by or bring it to your church or something. . . . glad you're doing so well. Love the new pic of the 3 of you. God is good!